Sunday, January 10, 2010

10 more weeks...but who's counting!

First of all to those of you (mom) who frequently remind me of how infrequently I update this blog I am sorry...this post is for you.
Dave and I are back to our normal routine after the holidays. It was so much fun spending time with family, friends and loved ones. Quick recap:
We were able to enjoy Thanksgiving here in Arizona with all of Dave's immediate family. We were so busy and had so much fun that we did not take ANY pictures :( the whole time the family was with us. But it was so much fun having everyone here. We played lots of games, ate lots of food and ultimately enjoyed each others company. Thank you everyone for making the trip down here and for all your help with everything!!!
Christmas came and went far too quickly. Our short trip to Utah was filled with loved ones, great food and lots of fun. The highlight for me was our trip to fetalfoto. Dave and I were able to see our little guy again but this time we were able to share it with my mom and dad, Dave's mom and grandma, Dave's sister Nancy and my Uncles Cary and Zac. It was so fun enjoying that moment with our loved ones. Unfortunately our little guy did not cooperate very well for his first public photo shoot. He kept both his hands and feet in front of his face throughout most of the session it actually was kind of funny. Fortunately we were still able to get some cute shots....

He is quite the contortionist. He was literally folded in half the entire time, we tried to get him to move but nothing was working, the only time we got some decent shots was when he would spread his legs long enough to see his face.

I can not wait to see him in person!!!!
Finally we rang in 2010 with our dear friends the Wheelwrights...again no pictures sorry. The countdown to midnight seems to be less and less climatic as we get older but it was fun being with friends and eating Brie's delicious burritos.
Today we are officially 30 weeks (yay!!!) Everything still seems to be progressing just as it should be. I am still feeling really well and my belly is getting rounder everyday just as it should!!

Here is the proof...one of these times I will just get Dave to take the picture of my belly so you don't have to see my lovely faucet and bathroom towels!

Hope you all had the happiest of holidays and a great new year!!!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you sure you're pregnant? You're TINY!!! And cute as could be! We can't wait to see pictures of your little guy! Do you guys have a name picked out yet? Hope you're feeling great! Hang in there...the last weeks are the hardest!! :)

Jenn said...

Yay, 30 weeks!
The faucet is lovely, feel free to include it in every belly shot picture.
Thanks for posting - I like it when you actually update this thing, I'm just not as vocal as Mom :)

Jessica said...

Wow! SO fun to see pics. You look beautiful!!! Boys are SO much fun!!

Jill Freestone said...

how exciting! can't wait! cool pics

Stacy said...

You are so TINY! I love it. I'm so excited for you guys. I can't believe you are only ten weeks away. I think I was officially freaking out at this time. Miss you guys and hope to see you soon.

Brie Wheelwright said...

I agree with everyone else, you are super tiny. And very cute. Thanks for the compliment about the burritos. I didn't even remember that's what I made. :) Thanks for being such awesome friends, don't know what we would do without you guys.

Anonymous said...

I love it when people tell a pregnant girl they are 'tiny' (it really is a compliment) as the baby is digging his little feet into your rib cage and head butting your bladder you're thinking 'ummm I feel anything but tiny' :) Good luck these last weeks and even if you don't feel it, you really do look tiny!

Nicole said...

You looks so cute! That's funny that your little boy was being stubborn for his photo shoot too! We tried EVERYTHING to get my guy to move, but he was quite content to be wedged down on my right side :) I bet he is gonna be so stinkin cute though! Good luck on you last 10 weeks!! I'm glad that you are feeling good too :)

Jenny Hart Turk said...

You look great! I hope you are feeling well. Great pictures of the baby! Ultrasounds are the best! Hope all is well in arizona.

Amy said...

So exciting! How can you be so small with so little time left?? I hope the second trimester treated you well. The third is a doozy. :)