Monday, September 6, 2010

Visitors, road trip and much more

The past three weekends we have been filled with family, friends and lots of firsts for James.

First we had a visit from Uncle Justin, his friend Mariah and her son Bronson. They watched James for us so we could celebrate our fifth anniversary. On Saturday we took the boys to the Peoria splash pad and had a picnic (both firsts for James).James & Daddy cooling off.

Bronson "not" feeding the ducks.


James enjoying his first picnic.

While Justin was in town we also had a quick visit from the Moore's (Dave's sister's family). Here is James with his cousin Thomas. It was so good getting to see them even if it was for just a little while.

The weekend after Justin's visit my mom, also known as Lady, came to see us. It was so much fun getting to see her. She left just a couple of days before her birthday so we had an early celebration. Here is James helping Lady blow out her birthday candle.
Happy Birthday Lady!!!! We love you and miss you!!!

For Labor Day weekend Dave and I decided we would take a quick road trip to L.A. and see my friend Stacy. Stacy and I have been best friends since elementary school. She had her first baby just a few weeks before James. She and her husband Nick live in Sherman Oaks now and were nice enough to let Dave and I come stay with them.

Stacy and I with the babies. Dave took about 5 or 6 of these pictures and little Amelia is staring and touching James in each one. These two were so cute with each other!

We went sightseeing on Hollywood Blvd. Here we are at the Chinese Theater.

James and Shrek just outside the wax museum.
Dave and I love the beach were so-o excited to take James. Nick and Stacy took us to a Beautiful beach in Malibu. Even the drive there was stunning. We were a little worried it would be crowded because of the holiday, but we got there at the perfect time and it wasn't crowded at all.
James!!
He LOVED the beach...not so much the ocean though. It was a little chilly.

James and Daddy checking out the waves.

We finally took James to the park. He has been before in his stroller. But now he is strong enough to go in the swings. And as you can see he LOVED it!
This has been an amazing summer with our sweet little baby!!!

10 comments:

Stacy said...

By touching James's head you mean smacking it. Poor kid. One day Amelia will know how to be soft. We miss you guys already.

cj said...

Love the update! James gets cuter and cuter - which I didn't think was possible. Can't wait to see you again.

Brie Wheelwright said...

That's so fun! I had no idea you guys went to LA. What a fun idea. Love the pics of James, he's such a cutie.

Anonymous said...

Mandi, He is growing up way too FAST!! Can't believe he can sit up all by himself. It sounds like you had a great summer.. miss you!

Jessica said...

James is so so cute!

Jill Freestone said...

adorable pics! so much fun! I love the pure joy in thomas's face holding james!

Unknown said...

What a cute little guy you have!! We miss you guys a ton! How's Dave liking rotations?

bottspot said...

Seriously .. could James' cheeks get any bigger?? I Love them! I wanna kiss 'em! Cute kid!

Nancy said...

I think the picture with James and Shrek should be your Christmas card. It's big and green and very Merry, you guys are too cute!

Mary said...

He is absolutely perfect!! Kids make life worth living, that is for sure!