Friday, June 20, 2008

We know, we know...it has been a while.

Okay so it has been a while. Or so we have been told, again and again and again (Justin this one is for you). So after great consternation here is a quick recap of what we have been up to.

August is coming quick and so we've been getting ready for our big move to Glendale. For those of you who are not aware we are headed to Arizona this summer for Dave to start medical school at Midwestern University. We have seen alot of great prospects for our new home some of our favorites include...
Gang Grafitti back yard with prison bar windows, Red Velvet Carpet and Rainbow house.
These Pictures do not do them justice...not even close



But seriously we do have some great prospects...we will let you know what we get in the end. Here are a couple of the homes that we loved when we were there last weekend.




Though we have been super busy with our moving plans and house hunting we still have had time for some great family parties!


In April while the men folk left us for their priesthood meeting the girls held our First Annual Princess Party. It was everything you could have imagined and more! Including a three foot wall hanging of Sleeping Beauty (Mandi's mom could use some Grandaughters!).


Pictured below Princesses: Eliza Freestone, Cindy Johnston, Jessica Johnston, Jill Freestone, Emma Freestone, Nancy Freestone, Katie Freestone, Mandi Freestone, and Sleeping Beauty.





This month we partied superhero style in honor of Jack's 5th birthday. Not only was there super food, super costumes and super guests there was also super arm wrestling, super leg wrestling and everyone's favorite super bum wrestling (which is even more awesome than it sounds!).
The Birthday Boy!!
Super Mom Batgirl and Batman Clark Kent and Superman

Best looking Superhero ever!! Dave as Radioactive Man.

Carter as Spider man, Grandma as cat/cheetawoman, Benson as Batman, and Superman Jack.

Mandi as Mighty Mouse with Radioactiveman and Superman. Dallin and Cami as quasi-bat people and their spider child.
So there you have it...A Post!!! We won't wait so long for the next one!

18 comments:

Spencer S. said...

Man alive! The costume pictures kill me. I am super jealous of your super hero party on a super nephew's birthday. Good post Freestone. PS I vote for the first house. It sounds SUPER!

Jessica said...

Seriously! I was about to give up on you guys! ;) Good luck house hunting. I SO remember those days and well,....Good luck! Medical school is crazy,wonderful,awful and all sorts of other words! You will do great! LOVE the costumes by the way.

Jenn said...

Doesn't the Red Velvet Carpet remind you just a touch of the old pink carpet room? With the ever so lovely floral couch? Just think, you could recreate that look!

Jenn said...

Oh, and just so you know? The list of 3s wasn't in any sort of order of importance. So Peru coming in 3rd is no reflection on the importance of Peru.
Go Peru!

Stacy said...

Wow! I especially love the home with the rainbow walls. I'm so excited for you guys. I can't believe how soon you are leaving. Nick and I are coming to Bountiful in July. Will you guys be there? We'll be there July 3rd-12th. I hope to see you. I love the costumes.

Anonymous said...

OK my vote probably doesnt count but I'd go w/ the rainbow house... that way you could pain whatever you wanted and never mess up! lol
I love the princess party picts AND super hero picts you kids are so creative and fun... luckys! We're sad we wont see you for the 4th but have fun in Peru!! (once again im jealious... i wanna travel)

Mary said...

SUPER-DUPER MAN!! (That's a quote from The Incredibles for those of you who haven't seen 3 million times!) What fun! I want a princess party AND a super heroes party!

thebigcookiefam said...

This looks like the funnest party ever! I want to come to the next one, but I can't think of any thing good to be.....maybe Shera!

Carroll Farm said...

AH- get in touch with us when you get to Glendale - we aren't so far from that area. we could hook up for dinner/party/ you could even come ride a horse or goat. :)

Anonymous said...

How cute is that.. I hope I am that creative when my kids get older.. might just have to steal all your family ideas! Call me when you get home!!1

Nancy said...

So fun, I don't want you guys to go!! Have fun in Peru!

Amy said...

Wow! A lot has happened - since MARCH! I've been looking and looking for a new post. I'm thrilled for your upcoming move, but sad that we just moved away. If you want a little break, come down to Tucson to visit. We'll be here till Feb. Oh, your princess party looked so fun. My little Emily would've loved it.

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! House shopping stinks! Good luck in Med School Dave!!! If you guys are ever out this way...don't forget to come visit! Maybe we should plan a trip to Nauvoo?!

Jenny Hart Turk said...

Mighty Mouse. You have such big muscles! I'm so glad you updated your blog. You definately need to keep us posted when you move because we will miss you! -Jen T.

makana said...

I loved the idea of a princess party and a superhero party. You think it would be as successful if it were an all adult party? Hmm....
Enjoy the house hunting and let us know where you end up. We are in the process of that as well here in Houston. Its good to see what you two have been up to!

Byron said...

Ok, your house is EXACTLY our same house in AZ. It is a Fulton and looks like it has to be the same model. We LOVED that house and the good times we had there. Congrats!

Wish we could have been to the party in AZ, and the fun times with your parents being home. Good luck with school...it's such a fun journey! (that was serious, I promise!)

Nick and Ashley said...

Wawhoo! AZ!

Jill Freestone said...

I loved your pichers . from. katie