Friday, March 28, 2008

A tribute



This post is dedicated to Granddad. Because he is awesome.



Granddad just celebrated his 85th birthday last month. That day he bowled a 299. For those of you who don't know that is ELEVEN strikes in a row with the last shot dropping nine of the ten pins. While many people would be upset that the last single pin didn't fall Granddad was thrilled and says he "still has something to shoot for". Like we said he is awesome.

On Tuesday the Jazz dancer's preformed with their fathers. Jessica, our sister-in-law, invited granddad to dance with her. They only practiced a couple of times before they preformed and granddad was a little nervous. In fact he said he didn't sleep well the night before and woke up at 2am going over the moves. As you can see from the video the midnight practice payed off and he did great. And we are eternally grateful to Mandi's brother Justin for talking him into wearing the jersey without a shirt underneath...the sweatbands on the arms are a nice touch as well.



We have thousands of fun, endearing and hilarious memories of granddad and look forward to many more.

13 comments:

mary plus vince said...

oh my goodness, that rocks my world! that is the coolest thing ever! he definitely has got some dancin' skillz! (yes, skillz with a Z! he is just that good, it has to be with a Z)

happy birthday to your grandpa!

Anonymous said...

Your mom just showed the front office this best ever home video. She tried to describe it to us, but the video explained things words can never express! I personally enjoyed the "gun show" at the end where he lets the world really see how tuff he is.

If you have a minute come take a peek at our blog

Jenny Hart Turk said...

Mandi, Your grand dad is so cute. He did great! I'm glad you got to see him dance! What an awesome guy

Amy said...

Mandi your granddad is sooo awesome! I love that he was going over dance moves in the middle of the night. And I love the no shirt under the jersey. He sounds like an incredible bowler too.

Byron said...

Oh my, that is fabulous! What a stud! He was way better than the other men out there, not to mention the girls! Too funny.

Adrianne said...

He seems like the coolest grandad, i think he dances better than i ever could, and looks better than i would in the jersey....:)

Jill Freestone said...

that was awesome! so glad you shared!

Anonymous said...

I that that has to be the COOLEST thing i have EvEr seen... honestly!! He is Amazing that is aweosome!!

Dave and Mandi said...

I just found your blog and had to leave a comment. We're a "Dave and Mandi" too!!! How cool!

Jody Neeley said...

Mandi and Dave!!! I saw you on Jen Bott's blog - it's Jody Neeley! Your grandpa is awesome, I dare say he has better moves than me!

Cardon Family said...

hey Mandi, I got your blog off of Jen Hayes I'm glad I found it. You guys are so cute! See you soon.

Stacy said...

I have never seen this video before. That is so funny. I love it. Your GrandDad is so sweet to do that. I'm coming to Utah is July. Probably middle to end. I need to decide. We need to get together while I'm there and before you move. I love you blog though. It's so fun. I miss your guts!

bottspot said...

I loved watching that! That's Awesome! Thanks for the comment on the blog. We are really going to miss you and Dave when you move. Keep in touch. Jen