One Year ago....
This little angel joined our family.
I can not believe how far we have come in just 12 short months.
Maddie has been a joy since the moment she was born. Always happy, always a good sleeper and LOADS of personality! She suffered a lot the first several months with very severe reflux. So much so that she lost a pound her first month. She would literally vomit as much as 20 times after a single feeding and would have to be fed at least every one to two hours for the first six months just to maintain her weight. It was scary and exhausting...but through it all our sweet little girl was almost always happy!!
Now she is ONE! No more vomiting. Still sleeps like an angel. And as always HAPPY and FUN.
Dave and I started a tradition with James of filling his room with Balloons on his birthday. Since James never put anything in his mouth it was never a worry. Maddie on the other hand puts EVERYTHING in her mouth...so her balloons were hung from the chandelier...maybe next year she can have her room filled. She was very excited when she came down for breakfast and saw all the balloons! "Ball! Ball! Ball! More! More! More!"
Just after breakfast I received a call from a model agent that wanted Maddie to come in for another photo shoot to model Halloween Costumes (we had gone in for a 'test shoot' last week). We didn't really have anything special planned during the day so we went.
Maddie wasn't super cooperative this time, but the photographer and director both said they got some "great shots". We weren't allowed to take ANY pictures, AT ALL. But keep your eyes peeled for a really cute baby in an owl costume this fall!
That evening we had a party with our little family. Actually it was just the three of us, daddy was at the hospital.
James selected the attire.
He was Peter Pan, Maddie was Tinker Bell.
He was very excited that "Maddie-Moo One Now!"
I made them ravioli, peas and corn...some of Maddie's Favorites!
Then Daddy came home! And we lit the candle and sang to our birthday girl.
And opened presents
And ate cake! Maddie was a little slow to dig in...
But she quickly got the hang of it.
I don't think any actually made it in her mouth.
It was a fun day celebrating our sweet girl! Happy Birthday Maddie-Moo, we sure love you!!

7 comments:
So cute! And yes, let's for sure get together next time you are in town!
Love ya!
What a great party! You did such a beautiful job on that cake and the kids look so adorable dressed up. I'm so glad that Dave made it home for cake and presents. Can't wait to celebrate round two in a few days.
Love to all of you.
Yay! I love that James determined the party dress code. Cuties. One year does go by so fast.
She is such a doll! I love that James needed them to be dressed up for the occasion. He is such a good helper with opening presents. Hahaha! Happy birthday, Maddie! We miss you guys and hopefully we will be able to see you soon.
This is so cute! I love everything about this post! Maddie is so cute, and I LOVE that James picked out the outfits! You did awesome on your cake too!! What a fun day!
Beautiful kids and such fun times! Birthdays are the best! so happy you have the yard - you'll have a great time out there
Cute!
Post a Comment