Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Our new home!

For the last few weeks we have been busy packing away.  We had hoped it would be to move to our new house.  But truthfully even just a couple of weeks ago we weren't so sure.  Those who have been through the home loan process recently will likely understand.  It was a CRAZY process.  With many, many ups and downs.  In the end after lots of prayers, tears, stressful days and sleepless nights we were able to close on our new home!

Here's James and I packing while watching one of the presidential debates.

Little Miss Madeline sporting her Halloween costume (I don't know how I found time to get one in the midst of all this).  She started taking steps a couple of weeks ago (she's only 8 months old!) and just broke her first tooth last week. I've been trying to savor these milestones while we are going through this crazy transition. 

Maddie 'helping' me pack the kitchen.

Moving day!  James' riding in the "BIG truck".  He was in heaven getting to ride with daddy in the moving truck.  Definitely the highlight of his day.

James and Daddy breaking down the bed.


We made it!  Our first day in our new house.  


James helping me measure things out for our furniture.

We just got in this weekend so I haven't had time to hang any pictures or do much decorating but, Here's a little tour of our new place as it is right now:

The front exterior

Front porch.
We are so-o excited to take the kids trick-or-treating in our new neighborhood.

Entry way.

Entry powder room.

Family/Dinning Room

The Kitchen.


Master bedroom
  
 Master Bath

 Guest Room

James' Room 

 Kids Bath

 Maddie's Room

We are so excited and very grateful to be in our new home.  We love the home, our neighborhood, new neighbors...everything!!  Visitors welcome!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Congratulations! What a relief and well done. I bet it feels wonderful to have that big fat check mark on your to-do list.

Crazy that Maddie is walking! Goodness, slow down! Enjoy Halloween in your new neighborhood!

The Augustus' said...

I hear ya with the home loan drama! Ridiculous huh! Glad you got in before the holidays all begin! Looks great!! I can't believe Maddie is standing?! What is that all about? :)

Haylee said...

Your home is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love everything about it! And I swear, Maddie makes the best faces in the world!!

makana hansen said...

uhm.. don;t mind me while I droll over your kitchen.. and your red couch...

Unknown said...

Beautiful home! I can SO relate with the loan junk. Ugh. We closed quite a bit later than we should have too. LOVE the kitchen!! Hope residency is treating you guys well!!

Nicole said...

You house is beautiful! I can't wait to live in our house again! And even with out the decorations and pics on the walls your home is very pretty so I can't wait to see it all decorated! you MUST post pics once you are all settled! :)

Stacy said...

Your house looks amazing! I'm so excited and happy for you guys. I am so glad that the financing all worked out in the end. I'm sure we will visiting soon. :)

Nick and Ashley said...

Super cool house, glad that everything finally worked out!