~Dave started school at Midwestern...he is doing great and loving it...He is enjoying his classes. It is definitely a challenge with a TON of information in a very small amount of time but he is managing his time very well and Mandi is thrilled to get to have dinner together every night!
~Mandi started her new job at the surgical center...Loves it! Awesome hours, Adorable patients, and Wonderful coworkers. Plus she gets the holidays off so we'll see you all in Utah for Thanksgiving! Yay!!
~ We got our house (see pics below)!!! We absolutely love it! It was a super quick move-in with LOTS of help from great family, friends and new ward members (We LOVE our new ward!!!)! The home and neighborhood are even better than we realized before we moved in.
~Mandi's mom and dad came down for a weekend and helped get us settled, it was a HUGE help and a lot of fun having them here. Everyone has been so kind and welcoming and our home is beautiful. We feel very very blessed!!
~Both Dave and Mandi have had lots of exposure to the Arizona wildlife: coyote spottings, a gecko living in one of the bathrooms, and TONS of cute little jackrabbits all over the neighborhood...fortunately no signs of scorpions or snakes.
And the not so good stuff:
~There was no power in the new house for the first weekend (long story), of course temperatures were well above 100 degrees...needless to say at about 1:00am the night before Dave's first test we ended up outside on the grass to keep from dying of a heat stroke (He did great despite the crazy night).
~Mandi's car has broken down...3 or 4 (or more) times. The mechanic explained that it has "cancer" and we are pretty sure we can not afford the chemo. Needless to say Mandi has achieved what seemed to be the impossible for her, and learned to drive a stick shift so she can get to and from work, fortunately Dave's school is very close to our new house.
So there you have the past six weeks (more or less).
Here are some pics of our house:

The Front...taken while we were still just looking. The grass is much greener now that it is getting water and it is no longer 120 degrees.

The Dinning/Living room...still empty...probably will be for another 4 years.

The kitchen. We love our kitchen.
The Family Room.

The family looking into the kitchen.

The Guest Bedroom (a.k.a. the Cindy Suite)

Guest Bathroom (Where the gecko lives.)

In case you missed the sign, this is the laundry room.

Dave's office (a.k.a. the cave).

Master Bath

Awesome walk-in closet...we barely take up about a third.
The Master Bedroom
20 comments:
Your house is beautiful! Im so glad you have settled in so well. We miss you lots in SDS...
The looks great! I love the master bed...mainly your bedding (very cute) and the kitchen looks awesome! You should be glad you are in AZ, especially today....its currently snowing!
Man your house is sooo nice! It makes me want to move badly! I am glad you finally posted and things are going well. I miss you guys and hope to see you soon!
Wow. Love the house. I'm so glad that you are enjoying Arizona. I'm especially excited that you get holidays off. Hopefully we'll see you at Christmas? The house is beautiful and I need to come visit you. I would say Nick too but come one he's not as fun as I am. I miss you. I really need to call you. I'm a bad friend but I'm working on it.
Your house is amazing! I'm totally jealous! We wish you guys were closer! Glad that Dave is enjoying school, we are loving life out here in Iowa too! Are you guys going home for Christmas? We will be there!! :)
Mandi-It all looks so beautiful! You won't want to move in 4 years!
The house is cute. I hate not having paint on our walls. I can't wait till I get that DONE! Come out further west and visit us soon!
Your house is adorable! I'll have to come see it sometime.
The house looks great. I can't wait to come and see it in person. (hint, hint) When I pulled up your blog Hallee saw your picture, Mandi and she said, "I love Mandi! She is my best friend! She play's with me!" And is still talking as I write this. She is really sad you don't live at my parents anymore.
Your house looks so nice. I am glad everything is working out so well. The weather sounds nice. We had our first snow storm this weekend. I am sure you miss the cold weather. You better come visit us during Thanksgiving!!!
It's nice to see you guys are still alive!!! The house looks awesome. It's good to see that Dave does some studying :) If you find yourselves missing the ol' stomping grounds, you should pop in for a visit to SDCH while you are in town. We miss you! Take care!
We are so glad you are in in Sunny AZ. and no you'll never get used the heat, but Winter here is gorgeous.
Love the house and pictures!!! We'll see you in December thru March. LOOKS like you'll have plenty of space for us!
Liz, Nancy and Grandma Lu
oh, and I love your blog color/design!
so, i don't know where my other comment went, but it was just something about how lucky you are to have a fabulous house . . .happy for you
Sounds like a great six weeks so far!! Your house is lovely and I'm impressed at all the nice furniture. We're renting right now (a big change from owning for three and a half years). Can't wait to own again.
I'm still waiting for an invitation to come over and see it! :)
Glad you found me, I don't know about the famous part though, looks like you're the ones with all the friends! Don't you love the blog world?
Mandi! I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog. I've been wondering about you guys! I've decided that I want to move to Arizona because our winter is coming and it is unavoidable! Burrrrrr! Well your house looks so cute and homey! You should pop in if you have time next time you are in town!
Your mom mentioned she would be setting up the the "Cindy Suite" complete with pictures of your parents. So fun and I'm sure she will be down to visit often. I heard that Arizonans just sit out on their driveway and pass out candy instead of going door to door on Halloween. Is that true?!
Post a Comment